Welcome!

St. Andrew's Episcopal Church in Birmingham, AL is a welcoming and affirming congregation of diverse Christians who are committed to Jesus' command to love and care for our neighbors, whoever they may be. You'll find posts on this blog by our Rector, and also by our parishioners. During the season of Lent, there will be daily meditations on the readings. At other seasons of the year, there will be sporadic postings. Thanks for reading!

Thursday, March 11, 2021

If You Have Love for One Another

Jesus stated in John 13:35, “By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.” Donating money and good works are fine, but THIS is how we show we are a follower of Jesus.

Paul also wrote in 1 Corinthians 16:14, “Let all that you do be done in love.” Simple words yet often hard for me to follow. I get angry; I get impatient; I judge; I react rashly and imprudently because I allow others to push my buttons. I don’t always do everything in love.


If I want to follow Jesus, I must love others. Then why is it so hard sometimes? If I want to walk in the light, like the hymn says, and I want to follow Jesus, all I have to do is love. 


Lord Jesus, help me love, today and every day.



Steve Niemeyer

No comments:

Post a Comment