Welcome!

St. Andrew's Episcopal Church in Birmingham, AL is a welcoming and affirming congregation of diverse Christians who are committed to Jesus' command to love and care for our neighbors, whoever they may be. You'll find posts on this blog by our Rector, and also by our parishioners. During the season of Lent, there will be daily meditations on the readings. At other seasons of the year, there will be sporadic postings. Thanks for reading!

Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Faith, Hope, or (and) Love (for Ash Wednesday)

The Daily Readings for Today: Isaiah 58:1-12
Psalm 103
2 Corinthians 5:20-6:10 Matthew 6:1-6, 6:16-21

I pray faith, I pray hope, and I pray Love...

Since this past year has been a journey, one that has been fleeting, and at the same time seemed it would never end, let us pray for the world! We have endured a toxic political climate, societal division, stressful financial times, with fear rearing its ugly head due to uncertainty about this plague stalking our world, and what our future will look like in light of all this. How can we ever surmount this year of plague and turmoil? Sounds like some book from the Old Testament. Job comes to mind! However I turned to the New Testament and to John.

“These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.”

My weekly Cursillo reunion group has been a lifeline for me, I love these people! My parish has been a lifeline for me, I love these people! We as a Parish have a history of overcoming trials and tribulations! We are a community, a family, and together we will not only survive, but thrive. There are so many blessings to be thankful: Saint Andy’s pantry, the new GED prep program, Community Kitchens, tireless workers who dedicate their time and energy to the parish and community. This is my prayer for today. Let us find Faith, Hope, and Love.

I wish us Peace, and a joyful Lent! De Colores

Ty Walling

No comments:

Post a Comment