Welcome!

St. Andrew's Episcopal Church in Birmingham, AL is a welcoming and affirming congregation of diverse Christians who are committed to Jesus' command to love and care for our neighbors, whoever they may be. You'll find posts on this blog by our Rector, and also by our parishioners. During the season of Lent, there will be daily meditations on the readings. At other seasons of the year, there will be sporadic postings. Thanks for reading!

Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Abide in Me

John 15:1, 6-16

If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask for whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.”

Hey, Jesus, you are within me and beside me and behind me. Sometimes I don’t know where I am,
but I know where you are. Like a beauty contestant on stage asked to tell what she wishes for the world (usually world peace), I am asking for a Big One: Make the Coronovirus-19 Pandemic go away.

The pandemic has changed the world. I have the tee shirt, of course: It’s the end of the world as we
know it (and I feel fine). That’s from REM. Well, I don’t feel fine. So, please make it go away.

How has the pandemic affected me?
I stay home. A lot.
I don’t shop much. I could bake a pie if I had a pie crust.
I buy online and don’t get what I think I ordered.
Our tiny family unit of three has holidays with just us, unless you 
count the cats and dog.
I haven’t seen my only grandchild in over a year. I don’t go to church.
I don’t take communion.

Well, everybody has a list. Enough of January, already. Enough of the pandemic already.

Be with us.Be in us.And let us be with you and in you.

Faye Knopf

No comments:

Post a Comment